Built in ca. 1800 on the banks of the river Isar, the Herzogpark in the Bogenhausen district of Munich served as an expansive hunting ground for Prince Max, Duke in Bavaria. A century later, the park, which is just around the corner from the English Garden, became a prestigious home for intellectuals, artists and writers. Residents included not only Thomas Mann and Erich Kästner, but also the opera singer Maria Ivogün and the physicist Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
surroundings. By virtue of this extraordinary flair, the Herzogpark is an extremely popular location for the diplomatic representations of foreign countries. All those who live here value the sophistication of this historic district, which is just a stone’s throw away from the unspoilt meadows on the banks of the Isar and yet also a short walk from central Munich and a 20-minute drive from the city’s airport.